The BIGTONE Razor is designed for hard rock and high gain players. 2 channels for overdriven tone lovers that desire maximum tone and dynamics whilst avoiding over-compressed, fizzy sounds.
Channel 1 begins with crunch, rising to medium/high-gain levels. Although not technically a 'clean' channel, lower Gain settings yield clean sounds with vintage pick-ups, breaking up well with hotter coils as the best old amps do at full tilt.
Channel 2 goes from high gain to massive gain. Handling this gain-fest with aplomb, low noise was a design priority, and the amp remains tight, focused in the midrange to cut through in a band-mix. Keeping to the spirit of the Studio Plex (see our other products), front panel controls are straightforward and simple to use with one Gain for each channel, shared EQ, and 2 independent Master Volumes.
The Power Amp is based on a classic British 100 watt EL34 power amp, set at maximum plate voltage, with some tweaks to allow adjustment on the fly from classic to modern sounds. Thanks to Deep, Feedback and Presence controls the response can range from soft to hard, from focused to wider spectrum.
Judicious use of EQ and power amp controls will guide the user from cutting 80s tones through to modern bass-heavy tones.
Unusually for a high gain amp, boost pedals are well accepted... so for those players who need more than 2 gain levels for different purposes... don’t miss the opportunity of trying this amp with a transparent boost for more gain or different tone flavours!
Our amps all feature heavy-duty PCBs (2.4mm thick, double sided 70um copper) and oversized high quality components to ensure a problem-free life, along with Mercury Magnetics mains and output transformers and choke, and selected tubes for maximum tone from the first day of use. There is no need to hunt for improvement tweaks after purchase - extensive R&D in the lab and on stage means we can confidently say we have already done that for you.
Check the mp3 clips on the left and don't forget to scroll down the list for more Clips!
Read the specifications below to learn more about this beast.
- 100W and 2 Channels featuring independent circuitry for maximum tone without compromise.
- Dual Drive Channel featuring 2 independent gain controls and bright switches, shared EQ and Presence and independent low/high gain switches for each drive channel.
- Dual Master Volumes.
- Serial FX Loop designed for maximum transparency, with selectable +4dBu/-10dBV level.
- Rear panel featuring Deep, Feedback and Presence controls for adjusting overall response.
- 5x ECC83/12AX7 preamp tubes.
- 4x EL34 power tubes.
- Mercury Magnetics custom transformers and choke.
- Dual speaker output jacks with impedance selector for 4-8-16 Ohm.
- 2 stereo jacks for external switchable features control, also with rear onboard switches for direct selection without footswitch or switching system connected to the amp.
- Footswitchable features: Drive Channel 1/2, Master Volume 1/2 and FX Loop On/Bypass.
- Available for 110-120-220-240 Mains Voltage. Please advise when ordering!!!
- Custom finish available without price increase (contact us for availability).
- Dimensions: 74(W)x29'5(H)x21'5(D)cm. Height includes rubber feet & handle.
- Weigt: 19kg.
MSRP Razor 100W Head: 2995€
MSRP includes 21% Spanish VAT. MSRP does not include shipping.
* In our constant effort to improve our product line, specs and or prices are subject to change without notice.